We feel local sustainability is an important part of our community and as such, our restaurant and catering uses local products whenever possible. We are also committed to using compostable or reusable materials. All of our boxed lunches, disposables, and to go products are made from recycled goods and compostable materials. We are striving to create a zero carbon footprint for our business. We compost all of our kitchen waste and turn it back into our own gardens.
Zero-Waste Quick Guide
- Use reusable tableware whenever possible
- If reusable tableware is not possible, use products that are created from renewable resources rather than products made from limited resource fossil fuels and virgin fiber.
- Compost or recycle all of your waste; use separate clearly-marked containers to help guests and/or attendants efficiently separate items.
- Encourage guests to walk, ride their bike, carpool or take mass transit to your event, and provide information with your electronic invitations to make these alternatives as accessible as possible.
- Make your event carbon-neutral and offset CO2 emissions by supporting initiatives that reduce greenhouse gases.
Through working with local farmers and maintaining zero-waste practices, Taste Local is committed to serving our clients, as well as the environment. Stop by our restaurant or work with us for catering to see the difference sustainability makes.